A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Thursday, November 18, 2010

New Word(s)

Johnny Oneiric over at the Thinking Outside the Red Box blog has recently coined a wonderful neologism that I rather like.  It's Phlebotarian.  And now that someone else has used it on the Internet, it must be a real word and carry much literary power. If you're curious as to just what it means, you'll have to go read his blog.  It's not my word.  But I definitely plan on using it.  Soon.  In public.

3 comments:

  1. Heh! Thanks. :D
    --You've more trippy words than one can command one's minions to shake sticks at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all Clark Ashton Smith's fault, really. When I was a young snot I learnt that CAS essentially self-educated himself by reading an entire set of encyclopedias, so I started to do the same. Thankfully not all in one sitting, and I tended to get interrupted a good bit more than he probably did, but I enjoyed it, and still make a practice of sitting down with a dictionary, thesaurus, or similar text and go digging around for words to play with--a writer requires a rich vocabulary just like a painter benefits from having a diverse palette to work from--just as long as you don't use it all at once...speaking of which, you have a fairly complex (and thoroughly intriguing) set of words built-up around Urutsk, yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In that regard, as well, we are alike.
    --My favourite were entitled something like: Encyclopaedia of Science and Technology.

    Best,
    -K

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...